(1) Never in my wildest dreams ______ these people are living in such poor conditions. (安徽卷)
A. I could imagine B. could I imagine
C. I couldn’t imagine D. couldn’t I imagine
(2) Never before _____ in greater need of modern public transport than it is today. (上海卷)
A. has this city been B. this city has been
C. was this city D. this city was
(1) Little ______ that we were watching his every move, so he seemed to be going his own way in this business. (安徽卷)
A. he realized B. he didn’t realize
C. didn’t he realize D. did he realize
(2) They have a good knowledge of English but little _____ they know about German (天津卷)
A. have B. did C. had D. do
(1) Seldom ______ any apology when mistakes are made.
A. we receive B. do we receive
C. we received D. did we receive
(2) Seldom ______ an article that was so full of lies.
A. have I read B. I have read
C. had I read D. I had read
4. 考查hardly / scarcely置于句首时的倒装
Hardly ______ Edinburgh than they were ordered to return to London.
A. had they reached B. they had reached
C. have the reached D. they have reached