2014-02-20 09:53:15 来源：育路教育网
Ⅰ. Phonetics(10 Points)
In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. head B. horizon C. honour D. human
2.A. city B. bicycle C. face D. climb
3.A. think B. these C. breathe D. with
4.A. ground B. country C. thousand D. found
5.A. pour B. hour C. course D. four
6.A. both B. post C. cold D. son
7.A. altogether B. talk C. always D. also
8.A. suggestion B. nation C. dictation D. satisfaction
9.A. started B. closed C. waited D. needed
10.A. rare B. fare C. scare D. are
Ⅱ.Vocabulary and Structure(40 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. _______ idea of _______ sounds much better than Clare’s.
A. The, hers B. That, her C. That, hers D. One, her
12. China is famous ________ the Great Wall.
A. about B. for C. as D. of
13. Our school ________ new facilities.
A. is equipped with B. equips with C. will be equip with D. has equip with
14. I made this myself but it was _______ who taught me.
A. he B. him C. himself D. by him
15. He had his bicycle _______ yesterday.
A. repair B. repairing C. repaired D. be repaired
16. It was a ________ room, with beautiful wall paper, waxed floor and nice furniture.
A. pleased B. pleasant C. pleasing D. preasant
17. He regretted _______the decision too hastily.
A. make B. to make C. making D. have maked
18. The professor insisted that we _______ our homework before next month.
A. handed in B. will hand in C. hand in D. must hand in
19. It ______ me of the country which we visited last summer.
A. remembers B. recalls C. reminds D. tells