实用对话:如何同外国邻居打交道
来源:育路教育网发布时间:2011-08-09
A : Hello.
A :你好。
B : Yes, who is it?
B :唉,是谁呀?
A : My name is Li Ming. I‘m your neighbor down the street.
A :我叫李明,是你家邻居,住在街道那边。
B : Okay. My name is John.
B :是吗?我叫约翰。
A : Nice to meet you.
A :见到你很高兴。
B : Nice to meet you , too.
B :我也是。
A : My son is your son's friend at school.
A :在学校里我的儿子是你的儿子的朋友。
B : Oh yeah!
B :噢,是吗?
A : My boy would like to invite your son over to our house tonight
for a sleepover.
A :我儿子想请你儿子今晚来我家过夜。
B : No problem. What time should he come over?
B :没问题,他什么时候来好呢?
A : How about 7 o‘clock ?
A :七点可以吗?
B : That ‘s great. Should he have dinner first?
B :太好了,他要先吃好晚饭再来吗?
A : No , there‘s no need. I think the boys want to order pizza.
A :不用,我想孩子们会喜欢订匹萨饼。
B : Then when should I pick my son up?
B :那我什么时候去接我儿子呢?
A : Don‘t worry. I’ll bring him home after lunch tomorrow.
A :不用担心,明天午饭后我就把他送过来。
B : Great, thank you.
B :好啊,谢谢了。
A : Oh ! I forgot one more thing.
A :噢,我忘了一件事。
B : What ‘s that?
B :什么事?
A : Are you going to the School Play next week ?
A :下礼拜你去看学校的话剧吗?
B : Yes, I am.
B :去呀。
A : Maybe we can carpool ?
A :我们可以拼车去吗?
B : You're on!
B :没问题,就这么定了!
注释:
1. down the street在街道的那边,是在一条街上。
2. sleepover过夜,这是专门描写小孩想在他们的朋友家过夜的词。
3. pick up(用车)接
4. School Play就是学校学生演的话剧,国外很多学校每年都有一次话剧演
出。
5. carpool拼车,合用汽车
6. "You're on." 可以用来作为在对方提议后的热烈回应,意思犹如中文里
的“没问题,就这么说定了。”此外还可用于对方向你挑衅、要求打赌的时候,
为了不让自己被比下去,用 "You're on." 表示“跟你赌了!”来展现气魄。