Unit 1 stories
1. He was thirty-six, his youth had passed like a screaming eagle, leaving him old and disillusioned.
2. average height 普通高度 3. gleaming eyes 两眼闪着光辉
4. in his middle twenties 大概是二十五六岁的年龄
5. ignoring the chair offered him, Chu The stood squarely before this youth more than ten years his junior and in a level voice told him who he was, what he had done in the past, how he had fled from Yunnan, talked with Sun Yat-sen, been repulsed by Chen Tu-hsiu in Shanghai, and had come to Europe to find a new way of life for himself and a new revolutionary road for China.
朱德顾不得拉过来的椅子,端端正正地站在这个比他年轻十岁的青年面前,用平稳的语调, 说明自己的身份和经历: 他怎样逃出云南, 怎样会见孙中山, 怎样在上海被陈独秀拒绝, 怎样为了寻求自己的新的生活方式和中国的新的革命道路而来到欧洲.
6. When both visitors had told their stories, Chou smiled a little, said he would help them find rooms, and arrange for them to join the Berlin Communist group as candidates until their application had been sent to China and an answer received.
7. Chinese Communist Party
8. 两条要求, 忠实------内容, 通顺-------语言
9. Several times on his trips to China, which he made as a guest of the Chinese Government, Bill's birthday occurred while he was in Beijing.
以中国官方客人的身份, 比尔来访中国已多次了, 而且在北京停留期间恰适他生日也有好几次了.
10. ‘ This is for you,' Bill Morrow heard on many occasions he would never forget----such as when he was taken a boat down the Grand Canal and every boat that passed sounded its siren in salutation. Or when he shown over the great Nanjing bridge, built where the ferries used to carry trains across the Changjiang River. He was given a chair and asked to wait a little as darkness came on, then suddenly the whole bridge was outlined in lights.
“这是为你安排的.” 这句话比尔.莫诺听到过好几次, 每一次都令他难以忘怀. 有一次, 他沿大运河乘船顺水而下,途经的每艘船都鸣笛致敬. 还有一次, 他参观雄伟的南京长江大桥------以前没桥时, 要靠轮渡托载火车横渡长江. 夜幕渐渐降临了, 他被安排坐下,并被告知稍坐等候, 然后突然间, 整个桥身被灯光勾画出了一个清晰的轮廊.
11. The most important day I remember in all my life is the one on which my teacher, Anne Mansfield Sulliven, came to me. I am filled with wonder when I consider the immeasurable contrast between the two lives which it connects.
在我的记忆里, 安妮.曼斯匪尔德.沙利文教师来的那一天,是我一生中最重要的日子. 从这一天开始, 我的生活与以前迥然不同, 一想到这一点, 我就感到非常兴奋.
12. On the afternoon of that eventful day, I stood on the porch, dumb, expectant.
13. Have you been at sea in a dense fog, when it seemed as if a tangible white darkness shut you in ,and the great ship, tense and anxious, groped her way toward the shore with plummet and sounding-line and you waited with beating heart for something to happen? I was like that ship before my education began, only I was without compass or sounding-line, and had no way of knowing how near the harbour was. “ light! Give me light!” was the wordless cry of my soul, and the light of love shone on me in that very hour.
不知你是否有过这样的经历---在海上航行遇上了大雾,周围一片白,好像着实把你关在一个黑暗的地方,大船上的人又紧张又着急, 一面用铅锤探测深浅,一面向岸边慢慢驶去, 你的心也怦怦直跳,生怕出事. 我在开始受教育之前, 就像这样一条船, 只是没有罗盘, 没有测探绳, 也无法知道离海港有多远. “光明!给我光明!” 这就是发自我内心深处的无言的呼唤, 也就在这时候, 爱心的光芒照到了我的身上.
14. Someone took it, and I was caught up and held close in the arms of her who had come to reveal all things to me, and, more than all things else, to love me.
有个人握住了我的手, 于是我被抱了起来, 紧紧地抈在了她的怀里. 正是她来到我的身边, 将一切展切在我面前, 更重要的是, 是她将爱带给了我。
15. monkey-like imitation.
16. In the days that followed, I learned to spell in this uncomprehending way a great many words, among them pin, hat, cup and a few verbs like sit, stand and walk.
接下来的几天里, 我在根本不知自己在做什么样情况下,学会了拼好些单词, 比如PIN, HAT, CUP 及一些动词, 如SIT, STAND AND WALK.
17. That was because I saw everything with the strange, new sight that had come to me. On entering the door I remembered the doll I had broken. I felt my way to hearth and picked up the pieces, I tried vainly to put them together.
那是因为我正用一种刚刚获得的全新而奇特的视角来看待一切事物. 进屋时,我想起了被我弄坏的那个娃娃. 我摸索着来到壁炉前, 拾起那些碎片, 试图将它们拼接在一起, 却没办到.
18. it would have been difficult to find a happier child than I was as I lay in my crib at the close of that eventful day and lived over the joys it had brought me, and for the first time longed for a new day to come.
当那感概万千的一天快要结束时, 我躺在自己的小床里, 感受这一天带给我的那些快乐, 我觉得没有人比我更幸福了. 一生中第一次,我期待着新一天的来临.
19. 一切旧的传统观念, 一切阻止社会进步和人性发展的不合理的制度.
All outmoded traditional thinking; any irrational system which obstructs social progress or human development.
20. 我觉得有一根鞭子在抽打我的心, 又觉得仿佛有什么鬼魂借我的笔为自己伸冤一样.
I felt as if my mind was being whipped, as if a ghost had commandeered my pen and was writing to redress the injustices it had suffered.
On another occasion.
22. 长得好看的人用不着浓妆艳抹, 而我的文章就像一个丑八怪, 不打扮, 看起来倒还顺眼些.
Physically attractive people don't need heavy make-up. Though my writing resembles an ugly monster, it actually looks a little better without any embellishment.
22. 我最恨那些盗名欺世, 欺骗读者的谎言。
This means I oppose fabrication, deception and flowery language. What I hate most are those glory-seeking writers who deceive the public with their lies.
咨询热线：010-51268840,51268841,51295864 章老师 13683567974